duminică, 13 decembrie 2015

Critical evaluation of the project

When I started this semester I had no idea how I'm going to make everything work, because I didn't even know how to research properly. I've had another schooling system background and this project helped me to develop new personal skills as well as make-up skills. I've learnt how to be an independent learner, by going into the library and selecting the necessary information and by browsing the internet effectively. Also, I've realised that constant workig is necessary for a good result, but this only at the end of the semester. I wasn't so much into developing my own creative designs and actually doing research about make-up and the meaning behind it but more focused into developing practical skills, but now I know how important is to create a background when doing a new make-up so you know exactly why and how you transmit what you want to the public. Furthermore, drawing facecharts was a new concept to me, as I didn't draw one before. I found them really useful because now I can have a clear image of what I want and save a lot of time when working. 
Creating a modern interpretation of a historical character was not easy for me, but I really tried my best. When I haven't found what I needed on the market, I've done it myself, like the accesories (the crown was handmade by me, the feahter eyebrows, the necklace).I have researched a lot about the meaning of certain colours, the meaning of certain accesories, so I could translate the moral features of my character into it's pshysical ones.  I didn't found working to a brief really easy, as this restricted my imagination a lot, but also made me see new ways of creating something original from something that was done in the past. Also, working to other make-up artist design was really inconfortable at first, because I was used to use my imagination in everythig I did and now I had just to create what somebody else told me, but I got used to it. Maybe this was because at first I was afraid in working only with cream products, as I wasn't that good at cream contouring, but now I feel more confident about this and I feel like I've learnt more than I thought from this experience.
Overall, I am really pleased by how my design looked like in the end. Maybe next time I'll try to plan my practice, research and personal life time better, because I really struggle with time management.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu