miercuri, 23 septembrie 2015

Summer project



If I could... I would

If I could I would be, in 5 years time, the result of my past 5 years of work and commitment, the result of today's Simona dreaming of doing what makes her happy, doing that something that fuels her passion.
When I was a child I had no idea what future will bring me, but I knew that when I grow up I want to share my passion to the world. I've always been fascinated by this world of arts, by painters, by actors, by writers, by people who managed to make a living using their talents and sharing the beauty of their soul with others. I wanted to be like them, to wake up everyday and do what makes me feel free and happy. I felt the freedom in art. I got to know myself. I am the result of all these past years spent behind or in front of the scene, doing theatre, drawing, writing, singing or just listening to music. All of these inspired me to  become who I am now and I don't want to stop here.
In 5 years time, I want to wake up in the morning and simply be happy thinking that I will go to work. I want to be like the painters that inspired me in the past, taking my brushes and my colours and just paint. Not on canvas, but on people's faces. I want to make them look and feel the way they always wanted, and when they look in the mirror to smile and be amazed of their enhanced beauty. I want to be a complete makeup artist. That kind of beautician that really knows how to paint smiles on peoples faces, and not fake ones, that kind of smiles that reflect the inside on the outside. I truly believe that people are beautiful and I want them to believe that too, and if I could make them see themselves as a piece of art, as I see them, then I will be happy.
In 5 years time, I want to grab my Starbucks coffe in my way to the fashion show. I want to be in the backstage, setting the details of the designer's show. Preparing the models for all those flashlights. As a future makeup artist, I know that the details make the difference. I know that a bold lip and a pale skin, that a gorgeous smokey eye and a nude lip or just a graphic eyeliner on a no-makeup makeup base makes a statement.
This gorgeous weapon, makeup, can transform everything. Can make me Smeagle or The sleeping beauty. It's all about talent, technique and products. And hard work, of course. I am motivated and willing to learn, and learn, and learn... and maybe in 5 years time to work for a film studio. Maybe at Hollywood, who knows?! Maybe in Los Angeles, working with Anastasia Beverly Hills at my new line of eye palettes, because as I said, every painter needs colours to paint with. I want to inspire others like other great artists inspired me. Maybe one day I will... If I could, I would.
I don't really know how I will be in 5 years time. As I was when I was a child, I am unsure about what my future will bring. I just want to make what makes me happy. I just want to spread my happiness to the world and to create art, this kind of freedom that only artists can feel. 




The Great Gatsby is one of my favourite films of all time, not just because of the actors that act and look amazing but also because it reflects a period of history, the '20s, that was clearly the highest expression of class and beauty. The film is based on F. Scott Fitzgerald's novel with the same name and is a romantic drama that takes place in the summer of 1922.
                This era started a revolution in makeup, hair design and fashion and the film encompassed these changes so today we could learn more about people's style and culture back then. That's why I believe that the film is iconic in terms of fashion and style.
                It was a time when people started to express themselves in literature, dance, music, fashion and women were also not afraid to make a statement out of their makeup and hair looks. The '20s looks were extremely dramatic and were based on the most classic contrast of colors, black and red. Ladies makeup was bold, with pale skin and black descendent brows, smokey eye looks and heart-shaped red lips that were a must to look fancy. The descendent makeup gave ladies a melancholic and tragic expression, despite the fact that the '20s were called "The jazz age", as dancing was extremely popular.  Their hair was short, usually styled in sleek black or blonde bobs with bejeweled headbands. Accessories were a must for women and men too. Men wore statement rings and hats and women wore statement necklaces, rings, earrings and headbands.
                The makeup artists, hair and fashion designers worked together and achieved a wonderfully stylised version of the '20s looks in the film, because, in my oppinion, the original looks from the '20s were too harsh. Maurizio Silvi, the makeup designer and Catherine Martin, the set designer and costumer are truly a great source of inspiration for us all. 
 This is a good facechart example of the '20s makeup.


References:

  • Team, A. 13 and naomi (2013) Maurizio Silvi archives. Available at: http://www.naomimckeever.com/tag/maurizio-silvi/ (Accessed: 2015).



Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu