miercuri, 14 octombrie 2015

Creating a white base - Seminar - Week 3

Working in a team - a notion that every aspiring make-up artist should know about and experience it in order to improve himself.
Today we worked as a team to create a white base: Lia Lazar was the make-up artist, Ross Kershaw was the model and I was the assistant.
As an assistant I had to prepare the face for make-up application (remove any existent make-up, tone and moisturize the face), to write down everything, from products to brush used by the make-up artist, to make sure that every brush is cleaned in time to be used again and also to note how every new product looked on the skin.
 Because we have worked in a team I didn't pay much attention at taking photos... and I forgot. But Lia took photos of everything (so I'll use the same photos as her for this blog post).

  • The first product we have tried was the Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation in SB01 (which I don't have because I had problems ordering te Illamasqua kit - our university kit didn't show on their website anymore and it says that "there are no products matching this sellection"). We used this product on the bare skin (just with mouisturizer on) and I think that it has a buildable covering, from light to medium, but it doesn't make the face like "deep white". It looks better applied with the flat foundation brush - the first brush we tried was the stippling brush and it didn't work well.
I have circled with red the part of the skin that was covered with the Illamasqua foundation, and I'm going to do the same in the other pictures because we didn't cover all the face with one product, we worked on sections.


  • The second product we have used was the Kryolan Aqua Colour in White over the Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation. At first, we've put too much water on the brush but when we saw the unsatisfactory result we've adjusted the quantity of water needed. Even if we have done this, the result was still unpleasant, there were patches of skin showing and the coverage wasn't so good, everything looked cakey, even if the white was deeper in comparison to the Illamasqua Skin Base itself. We have used the flat foundation brush.

  • The third product used was Kryolan Supracolour in white, applied with the flat foundation brush on the bare skin and then blended with the kabuki brush. This was the best product used so far to create a white base - it didn't dry so quickly and we could work at it until we were satisfied, and then blend and set with loose powder. It also provided a good, buildable coverage: light - medium and full coverage too, depending on how much we blend it. After we have set the Supracolour with translucent powder, the white was more intense. I love how easy is to work with this product in comparison with the products tested before.

  • The fourth product wasn't really a fourth product, but more a fourth experiment. We have applied the Kryolan Supracolour on the Illamasqua Skinbase Foundation. The difference was pretty big (and not in a good way), and we have concluded that the best way to achieve a white base is by using Supracolour on the bare skin. 

 Today I have learnt so many new things, as I have never worked with grease colors on the bare skin. Now I know how should I work with them in order to achieve a good result. Also, I always wanted to work with a male model and this was a new opportunity for me, as I practiced how to remove make-up from a face that has a beard.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu