miercuri, 11 noiembrie 2015

Historical Elizabethan make-up application - Studio

Last week, my partner Taylor, had practiced the historical Elizabethan make-up, and today it was my turn. 
I started by creating a consultation sheet and by consulting my model:


After this step, I started the cleansing, toning and moisturizing process.
After the face was properly prepared, I started my historical Elizabethan make-up application:
  1. Applied the Illamasqua skin base foundation in white with a kabuki brush and blended it out a bit (because for the traditional make-up we were told that we should achieve more like a "flaky and chalky" base, because Elizabethans haven't hot proper ustensils and products like we do, to achieve a smooth and even base);
  2. Blocked out the eyebrows with white Kryolan Supracolor and a mascara wand;
  3. Heavy powdered the face with a puff and Ben Nye neutral setting powder;
  4. Applied Kryolan blush from the blusher palette on the apples of the cheeks, in a dabbing motion (I asked my model to smile for me) with a blusher brush from Real Techniques;
  5. Applied White Supracolour on the upper and lower eyelashes using a disposable mascara wand, in a zig zag motion;
  6. Applied colour on the lips using my fingers, as a traditional Elizabethan would do.


Photos of my final result:



I am pretty pleased with my outcome and I really enjoyed applying the Elizabethan make-up in a traditional way.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu