miercuri, 25 noiembrie 2015

Timed assessment - in the role of the designer/assessor

I'm so glad that assessments are finally over! Today was really good, except the fact that I had to rush to had my pictures taken...which happened everytime and which I didn't like, because everyone was queuing to take photographs and everyone was stressed. I hope that next time won't be the same and that we'll have enough time to take beautiful pictures of the design we worked, both make-up artist and designer, so hard. Yep, that was the only part of the assessment that really bothered me. I hope I won't have to get used to it and that something will be done regarding this...

Taylor did a wonderful job. She practiced my design before like crazy, we met third times before to practice and I know that she practiced at home a lot on her friends an on herself. She even bought the products that I had extra for my look so she could recreate it entirely at home. I am really proud of her progress and she really showed me that if she wants to go over her limits, she can! I am really pleased by our collaboration so far, and by the result of the assessment as well. She was really professionally, dressed all in black, with her hair tied back and without dangling jewelry. She took all the health and safety measures and always asked me if I feel ok during the assessment, just as usually. She finished in time and she also helped me to do my hair quickly before we took photos. We were a bit stressed over this but during it we relaxed, thanks to Sue who put us awesome music. It didn't really feel like an assessment which, for me, was great, because back in my country assessments, exams etc are VERY very stressful and teachers put a lot of pressure on us, which I believe is terribly wrong.

Overall, as the designer and assessor, I am happy with the result and I can't wait to see the final pictures and how teachers will react to what I did. I feel really proud of Taylor's work, of how we got better together a a team and as individual human beings and artists :)) and... of me. Because I really love what we did! (Although I slept only 3 hours last night because I had to do my handmade crown...and to make sure I am prepared for everything... everything was perfect in the end. I stressed more over Taylor's assessment rather than about mine, I don't know why. Maybe because it was my design and I really wanted everything to be perfect.)


Me and Taylor after the stress was over


Me and my uni best friend, Lia, the new Elizabethans :))




And here a couple of selfies.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu